Friday, March 13, 2020

Quarantined? Bored? Try this!

Did anyone else’s mom tell them to “bring something to do in case you get bored,” be it in the car or an appointment?

When I was hospitalized for a high risk pregnancy, art and crocheting became my escape, my therapy.

Art therapy need not be sought outside of your home.



If you are self quarantined or distancing yourself out of necessity because of COVID-19, there comes a point when you need to unplug and connect with the world around you. I made this basic free printable of seven “windows” for you to download and print at home and then fill in every day of the week with your nature observations, traffic patterns, feelings, figure studies, anything you can imagine!

Print it as many times as you want. Share it with your family and have each one take a window or everyone can have one of their own. Show your personalized pages here or on Instagram using the hashtag #ilookoutmywindow.



This idea is inspired by my Nature/Phenology Wheels and Stellar Trackers which aid in tracking weather, nature, and habits. In this time of unease and social distancing, let us share beauty and take joy in the world around us!


2 comments:

  1. Julie, This is brilliant! I am printing for myself and the children. Except I can't figure out how to do that! What am I missing?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Just seeing this, it should be a case of opening the image and clicking print.

      Delete