Wednesday, January 14, 2015

Framed

My darling mother-in-love gave me a gift card to A.C. Moore, so yesterday I was able to start something that I hardly ever do: frame my art. The "Little Women" illustrations that I painted in 2012 are acrylic on unstretched canvas, so I purchased ready-made 18" x 24" wood frames. Dang, those things ain't cheap!

It made me remember that most of what holds any artist back from doing gallery shows is not lack of art, but lack of funds to properly display said art. There are SO many canvases and hand drawn pieces I would love to tour some how, but I simply can't display them. 

Even framing the "Little Women" cover painting will be tricky, since it's not quite a standard size and it is on stretched canvas, therefore I will need a custom frame. 

So a shoutout to my beautiful donor for these starters. 

Now I'm just waiting for payday to get a few more before the frame sale ends!



No comments:

Post a Comment